Afro-American writer, an activist, Toni Morrison has authored nine novels in total. Let me see wikipedia for it. Okay! copied from wikipedia these list of books. Here is the list of six books.
Novels : Six Novels, I am presenting the facts, that I want to share, which I think everyone should remember (apart from every other thing in the novel)
Ok! I am adding the description of all of the novels. Then, again my source is wikipedia, which is not appreciated by critics or anyone from literary background or knowledge. Forget about this. Let me write something.
Ok! the novel is based on the perspective of Claudia MacTeer as a child and as an adult on racism, incest, and child molestation.
- Sula Peace: the main protagonist, who affects the whole town of Medallion with her return.
- The main theme in the novel is Milkman's quest for identity as a black man in the 20th-century United States, as he slowly tries to piece together the history of his ancestors. He does this by taking a journey into his father and aunt's past, searching for origins.
- The main character, Macon "Milkman" Dead III, derives his nickname from the fact that he was breastfed for far too long.
- Love affair.
- The struggle of Jadine and Son reveals the pain, struggle, and compromises confronting Black Americans seeking to live and love with integrity in the United States.
Beloved (1987) is a Pulitzer Prize-winning novel by Toni Morrison. The novel, her fifth, is loosely based on the life and legal case of the slave Margaret Garner,
- Mother-daughter relationships
- Psychological impact of slavery
- The novel deliberately mirrors the music of its title, with various characters "improvising" solo compositions that fit together late a whole work.
- One of the main themes of the novel is purgatory and the cathartic ability of Jazz music.
Major themes according to gradesaver.com: Youth Vs. Age, Music and Memory
Sorry, I didn't give you examples because I can't write now. Thankyou.
- The novel tells the story of the tension between the men of Ruby, Oklahoma (an all-black town founded in 1950) and a group of women who lived in a former convent seventeen miles away.
- Love is the story of Bill Cosey, a charismatic but dead hotel owner. Or rather, it is about the people around him, all affected by his life — even long after his death.
- A Mercy reveals what lies beneath the surface of slavery in early America. It is both the story of mothers and daughters and the story of a primitive America.
Source: Wikipedia : Shortcut link/ Image Link: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:A_mercy_cover.jpg
Interviews, Discussion direct with or on the Author: Toni Morrison
An Evening with Toni Morrison: On Fora.tv
Conversation with Charlie Rose:
Charlie Rose - MORRISON
59:05 - 4 years ago
Toni Morrison, Author, "Paradise" [Alfred A. Knopf] clips: Charlie Rose 2/24/97, 5/7/93
Charlie Rose - MORRISON (FROM 11/21/03) / LAHIRI (FROM 10/29/03)
58:08 - 4 years ago
Toni Morrison, Author, "Love" [Knopf] /// Jhumpa Lahiri, Author, "The Namesake" [Houghton Mifflin]