Was it ever, EVER! in the history of communication to even imagine, the cost to be FREE OF COST. No, it was not. It was simply, close to impossible to imagine this.
Now, as the concern for privacy heightens our worries for our privacy, companies, powerful and rich individuals, would like to have their own servers in their homes, where they could analyze data like Google or Yahoo. And they would like to break free from organizations that come in contact with people via the connection they've via the source of their computers, their networks and each and every device they own.
Internet organizations like
- IAB (Internet Architecture Board)
- IANA (Internet Assigned Numbers Authority)
- ICANN (Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers)
- IESG (Internet Engineering Steering Group)
- IETF (Internet Engineering Task Force)
- IRTF (Internet Research Task Force)
- ISOC (Internet Society)
- W3C (World Wide Web Consortium)
- IPA ([Internet Party of America])
The only possible way to come close to hiding your identity on the internet is, be your own server and name of your site. This limits you, in a way, which is not viable. Therefore, I may conclude the article like this, people of future generations, will try to win back the control by empowering themselves. Technology, will make us break free from the clutches of THE CONTROL --- whosoever has it right now.
Sites mentioned in the article:
Zimbra - zimbra.com
Thunderbird - mozillamessaging.com/en-US/thunderbird/