1) Read Act 1 Scene 1
1) What kind of mindset King Lear is in to begin with at the start of the play?
2) Are Kings arrogant? Or just plain flattery seekers?
3) Why can't Cordelia act like Regan or Goneril, after all they are living in a patriarchal society, to coax a male, father or brother should be there ultimate goal in order to survive?
4) Is Cordelia I-give-a-damn kind of girl?
5) Is old age a curse?
6) What kind of truth should not be said,
or should the truth be changed in order to accommodate others?